Account Maintenance Made Easy
MSUFCU's electronic services make handling your account hassle-free.
Use the MSUFCU ACH Origination Authorization Form to set up the following transactions:
- Transfer funds from your MSUFCU checking account to a different financial institution.
- Pay your fixed amount bills electronically from your MSUFCU checking account.
- Deposit funds to your MSUFCU savings or checking account from a different financial institution.
- Make payments to your MSUFCU Visa every month.
To set up ACH Origination for your account, simply print and complete the form and fax to the MSUFCU Payment Services department at 517-664-7788. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
When you input your MSUFCU account number, be sure to include your two-digit I.D. in addition to your base account number to ensure that your transactions are posted to the correct savings, checking or loan account. For example, if your account number is 123456-03, 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit I.D. designating your savings or checking account. Your two-digit I.D. number can be found on your MSUFCU statement.
Bill Payment takes the hassle out of paying your monthly bills. Set up payments in ComputerLine to come from your MSUFCU Checking account automatically or as needed. Best of all, Bill Payment is FREE.
With Bill Payment, members can:
- Pay Bills
- Make Person-to-Person Transfers
- Make Account-to-Account Transfers
- Send Donation Payments
- Send Gift Checks
- Set Up Recurring or Single Payments
Bill Payment Requirements
- An MSUFCU Checking Account*
- ComputerLine Access
To access Bill Payment, simply login to ComputerLine and select Bill Payment in the top menu.
*An Insured Money Management Account (IMMA) is considered a savings account and can not be used for Bill Payment.
Direct deposit is the safe, simple way to have your paycheck, federal benefits, or tax refunds deposited automatically to your saving or checking account. There is no need to worry about making it to one of our branches if you are sick or out of town, plus it is safer than receiving paper checks because the funds cannot be lost, stolen, or tampered with in the mail.
Check with your employer to see if you are eligible for direct deposit into your MSUFCU account. To set up direct deposit, you will need:
- Your MSUFCU base account number and two-digit suffix designating your checking or savings account.
- MSUFCU's routing number: 272479663
Michigan State University Employees
MSU employees who are on MSU's payroll should enroll for direct deposit through MSU's ePayroll system.
State of Michigan and U.S. Government Employees
Print out the appropriate form1 below, complete and mail to:
MSUFCU Accounting Department
PO Box 1208
East Lansing, MI 48826-1208
Social Security, SSI, and other Federal Benefits
Members who currently receive Social Security or SSI Benefits can switch to direct deposit at GoDirect.gov or calling the Social Security Office toll-free at 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778).
1Adobe Acrobat is needed to view this document. Download this free software at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
With eDeposit (remote deposit), you can scan checks and automatically apply them to your MSUFCU account.1 You no longer have to worry about visiting a branch or ATM to deposit your checks, and eDeposit is free!2 Want to deposit a check at home? All you need is a computer with internet access, a TWAIN-compatible scanner, and a ComputerLine password. Or, if you have a smartphone, you can use eDeposit for mobile via the MSUFCU Mobile app.
To Access eDeposit on your computer
1. Sign into your ComputerLine account
2. Select the eDeposit from the top menu
The first time you access eDeposit, you must review and agree to the eDeposit Services Agreement. You will then be provided with step-by-step instructions to help you scan and deposit your check.
1Although checks will automatically be deposited to your account when eDeposit is used, a hold may be placed on these funds. If we decide to extend the hold on a deposited item, we will provide you with a notice and tell you when the funds will be available.
2Fees applicable to all check deposits, such as returned check fees, still apply to the checks deposited via eDeposit. Checks deposited using eDeposit count toward the number of complimentary monthly transactions on business accounts. Please see MSUFCU's Fee Schedule for additional information.
View your account statements online with eStatements. A 3-year history of your statements is stored in ComputerLine and you can view, save, and print your statement whenever you want.
Get Started with eStatements
All you need to receive eStatements is ComputerLine access and a valid email address. Just sign into your account and click the My eAlerts icon. Click Notification Settings and you'll be able to designate which statements you'd like to receive electronically.
Available eStatements and eNotices
- Visa eStatements offer you a fast and easy solution for viewing your Visa statement and making an online Visa payment.
- Transaction Notices are sent via email and will inform you immediately if you have an overdraft transfer, an NSF check or Courtesy Pay transaction.
- IRS Tax Form Notices are sent via email to inform you when your MSUFCU IRS Tax Forms (1098, 1099INT, 1099MISC, 1099Q, 1099R, 5498, and 5498ESA) are available to view, save, or print.
- Loan Billing eNotices will notify you that your loan payment will be due soon or that the payment is late.
To help members achieve their financial goals, MSUFCU members who have an active loan or checking account with us can now view their FICO® Score in ComputerLine and on the MSUFCU Mobile app. This FICO® Score is based on data from Experian on a quarterly basis and will not impact your credit score. MSUFCU offers free access to your FICO® Score so you can stay on top of your credit and avoid any surprises.
Because FICO® Scores are based on the information in your credit reports, it is very important to make sure that the credit report information is accurate. You should review your credit report from each consumer reporting agency (CRA) at least once a year and before making any large purchases, such as a home or car.
You have the right to obtain one free credit report each year from each of the consumer reporting agencies through www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Please note that your free credit report will not include your FICO® Score.
What are FICO® Scores?
The credit scores most widely used in lending decisions are FICO® Scores, the credit scores created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO). Lenders can request FICO® Scores from all three major credit reporting agencies. Lenders use FICO® Scores to help them make billions of credit decisions every year. FICO develops FICO® Scores based solely on information in consumer credit files maintained at the credit reporting agencies. Understanding your FICO® Score can help you better understand your credit risk and allow you to effectively manage your financial health. A good FICO® Score means better financial options for you.
What is a good FICO® Score?
The score above which a lender would accept a new application for credit, but below which the credit application would be denied, is known as the “score cutoff”. Since the score cutoff varies by lender, it’s hard to say what a good FICO® Score is outside the context of a particular lending decision. For example, one auto lender may offer lower interest rates to people with FICO® Scores above, say, 680; another lender may use 720, and so on. Your lender may be able to give you guidance on their criteria for a given credit product.
What are Key Score Factors?
When a lender receives your FICO® Score, “key score factors” are also delivered, which are the top factors that affect the score. Addressing some or all of these key score factors can help you more responsibly manage your financial health over time. Having good FICO® Scores can put you in a better position to qualify for credit or better terms in the future.
Additional Credit Resources:
Obtain one free credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies per year.
- View FAQs about FICO® Scores and Understanding FICO® Scores.1
- For more information on your FICO® Score, please click here.
FICO® SCORE TERMS: Your FICO® Score and key factors are based on data from Experian and may be different from other credit scores. This information is intended for and only provided to members who have an active lending relationship with the Credit Union. Scores are provided within ComputerLine and the MSUFCU Mobile app with key factors for eligible individuals. You will see up to a year of scores starting when you start your lending relationship with us. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
MSUFCU and Fair Isaac are not credit repair organizations as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. MSUFCU and Fair Isaac do not provide “credit repair” services or advice or assistance regarding “rebuilding” or “improving” your credit record, credit history or credit rating.
1 Information provided may not reflect the view of MSUFCU.
Wire transfers electronically transfer funds between MSUFCU and an eligible institution within the U.S. International wire transfers electronically transfer funds from one financial institution to another institution outside of the U.S.
Request to send a wire at any MSUFCU branch or call 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968.
You may also send a wire request via MSUFCU’s eMessage Center. Sign into ComputerLine and select Messages from the top menu and leave a message with the following information:
- Originator Information: Your name, account number, and daytime phone number.
- Amount: Total amount of funds in U.S. dollars or international funds. Many countries only accept U.S. funds.
- Financial Institution: For Domestic wires, the name and routing number of the financial institution that will be receiving the funds. For international wires, the name and address of the overseas bank and the SWIFT Code and IBAN Number.
- Beneficiary: The name and account number of the person or company receiving the wire.
- Intermediary Bank or Company: If there is an intermediary bank or company involved, the name and account number of the bank or company will be needed.
Please note, there is a $25 fee for sending a domestic wire and a $50 fee for sending an international wire. Please allow 2-24 hours for processing. Additional verbal and/or written confirmation may be required prior to sending the wire.
Receiving a wire to your MSUFCU account is $5. You will need to provide the following information to the financial institution sending the funds:
- MSUFCU Address: Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, 3777 West Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
- ABA Routing Number: 272479663
- MSUFCU SWIFT Code: MSUCUS44
- Your base account number and your two digit ID: For example, if your account number is 123456-03. 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit ID designating your savings or checking account.
Please print this page, complete, sign, and fax to MSUFCU at 866-374-2123 (please include contact or department).
Unavailable Wire Destinations:
You may not be able to conduct banking transactions, such as wires, in/to the following countries. Please contact MSUFCU to confirm the status of the country where you wish to wire funds. Unavailable Wire Destinations: Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, The Balkans, Zimbabwe, Syria, Côte D'ivoire, Belarus, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
MSUFCU has tools and resources to help take the stress out of tax season. Visit our Online Tax Center and maximize your refund!
BudgetSmart is free software designed to help you manage your money more effectively. You can use BudgetSmart to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or
- Experiment with "what if" scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
Download BudgetSmart software for free, and you'll be on your way to creating your own personalized budget!
After the software is downloaded, you'll need to add a new user with your own unique user name and password.
At this time, BudgetSmart is not compatible with Macintosh computers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will continue to work with the software provider for updates.
BudgetSmart is offered by GreenPath Financial Wellness. GreenPath may have privacy and security policies which differ from those of MSUFCU.
Now it's easier than ever to purchase your MSU DineOn Plan or Faculty and Staff Dining Plan! MSUFCU members have the ability to purchase meal plans directly from their MSUFCU accounts.
Whether you are a junior living off campus, or a faculty member looking for a convenient place to eat with colleagues, there’s a dining plan for you.
- Off-Campus Dining Plans. If you’re a student living off campus, you can still Eat at State.
- Faculty and Staff Dining Plans. Discover how easy it is for faculty and staff to Eat at State.
Sign into ComputerLine, select the Manage menu, and choose the MSU Dining Plans option under MSUFCU Services.
MSU DineOn Plan Purchase Requirements
- MSU PID (MSU personal identification number)
- MSU NetID (MSU username)
- MSUFCU members are able to set up and purchase DineOn Meal Plans for more than one recipient in ComputerLine.
- DineOn Meal Plans may be scheduled for future purchase. Funds will be withdrawn from your MSUFCU account by 8:00 a.m. on your scheduled purchase day.
- Funds are withdrawn from your MSUFCU account immediately but may take up to 45 minutes before they're available in the MSU DineOn Plan account. ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL.
Please Note: MSU Students living on-campus with dining plans do not need to order a dining plan through this page. Please contact MSU Residential and Hospitality Services by calling 517-353-1616 to purchase a dining plan for on-campus students.
MSU's Spartan Cash Account is a prepaid account available to MSU faculty, staff, and students. It can be used to purchase goods and services at participating locations—just look for the Spartan Cash logo!
Spartan Cash Transfers will make funding your MSU Spartan Cash Account easier than ever! MSUFCU members now have the ability to transfer funds directly from their MSUFCU accounts to an MSU Spartan Cash Account.
Sign into your ComputerLine account, select the Manage menu, and choose the MSU Spartan Cash option under MSUFCU Services.
Spartan Cash Transfers Requirements
- MSU NetID (MSU username)
- PID (MSU personal identification number)
- Minimum transfer amount is $5.00.
- MSUFCU members are able to set up and transfer to more than one Spartan Cash Account in ComputerLine.
- Fund Now Spartan Cash Transfers are withdrawn from your MSUFCU account immediately and should be available within your Spartan Cash Account within one hour. Fund Now transfers performed from 11:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. will not be available immediately but will be deposited to your Spartan Cash Account before 8:00 a.m.
- Scheduled transfers can be set up to transfer funds on a specific day or on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis.
If you have questions regarding MSU's Spartan Cash Account, please contact the Spartan Cash Office at 517-355-2274 or www.spartancash.com.