Account Maintenance Made Easy
MSUFCU's electronic services make handling your account hassle-free.
Wire transfers electronically transfer funds between MSUFCU and an eligible institution within the U.S. International wire transfers electronically transfer funds from one financial institution to another institution outside of the U.S.
Request to send a wire at any MSUFCU branch or by calling 517-333-2424 or
800-678-4968. Requests for wire transfers made over the phone must also be submitted in writing before they can be processed.
You may also send a wire request via MSUFCU’s eMessage Center. Sign into ComputerLine and select Messages from the top menu and leave a message with the following information:
- Originator Information: Your name, account number, and daytime phone number.
- Amount: Total amount of funds in U.S. dollars or international funds. Many countries only accept U.S. funds.
- Financial Institution: For Domestic wires, the name and routing number of the financial institution that will be receiving the funds. For international wires, the name and address of the overseas bank and the SWIFT Code and IBAN Number.
- Beneficiary: The name and account number of the person or company receiving the wire.
- Intermediary Bank or Company: If there is an intermediary bank or company involved, the name and account number of the bank or company will be needed.
Domestic Wire Form
Please note, there is a $25 fee for sending a domestic wire and a $50 fee for sending an international wire. Please allow 2-24 hours for processing. Additional verbal and/or written confirmation may be required prior to sending the wire.
Receiving a wire to your MSUFCU account is $5. You will need to provide the following information to the financial institution sending the funds:
- MSUFCU Address: Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, 3777 West Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
- ABA Routing Number: 272479663
- MSUFCU SWIFT Code: MSUCUS44
- Your base account number and your two digit ID: For example, if your account number is 123456-03. 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit ID designating your savings or checking account.
Please print this page, complete, sign, and fax to MSUFCU at 866-374-2123 (please include contact or department).
Unavailable Wire Destinations:
You may not be able to conduct banking transactions, such as wires, in/to the following countries. Please contact MSUFCU to confirm the status of the country where you wish to wire funds. Unavailable Wire Destinations: Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, The Balkans, Zimbabwe, Syria, Côte D'ivoire, Belarus, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
MSU's Spartan Cash Account is a prepaid account available to MSU faculty, staff, and students. It can be used to purchase goods and services at participating locations—just look for the Spartan Cash logo!
Spartan Cash Transfers will make funding your MSU Spartan Cash Account easier than ever! MSUFCU members now have the ability to transfer funds directly from their MSUFCU accounts to an MSU Spartan Cash Account.
Sign into your ComputerLine account, select the Manage menu, and choose the MSU Spartan Cash option under MSUFCU Services.
Spartan Cash Transfers Requirements
- MSU NetID (MSU username)
- PID (MSU personal identification number)
- Minimum transfer amount is $5.00.
- MSUFCU members are able to set up and transfer to more than one Spartan Cash Account in ComputerLine.
- Fund Now Spartan Cash Transfers are withdrawn from your MSUFCU account immediately and should be available within your Spartan Cash Account within one hour. Fund Now transfers performed from 11:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. will not be available immediately but will be deposited to your Spartan Cash Account before 8:00 a.m.
- Scheduled transfers can be set up to transfer funds on a specific day or on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis.
If you have questions regarding MSU's Spartan Cash Account, please contact the Spartan Cash Office at 517-355-2274 or www.spartancash.com.