Account Maintenance Made Easy
MSUFCU's electronic services make handling your account hassle-free.
Bill Payment takes the hassle out of paying your monthly bills. Set up payments in ComputerLine to come from your MSUFCU Checking account automatically or as needed. Best of all, Bill Payment is FREE.
With Bill Payment, members can:
- Pay Bills
- Make Person-to-Person Transfers
- Make Account-to-Account Transfers
- Send Donation Payments
- Send Gift Checks
- Set Up Recurring or Single Payments
Bill Payment Requirements
- An MSUFCU Checking Account*
- ComputerLine Access
To access Bill Payment, simply login to ComputerLine and select Bill Payment in the top menu.
*An Insured Money Management Account (IMMA) is considered a savings account and can not be used for Bill Payment.
With eDeposit (remote deposit), you can scan checks and automatically apply them to your MSUFCU account.1 You no longer have to worry about visiting a branch or ATM to deposit your checks, and eDeposit is free!2 Want to deposit a check at home? All you need is a computer with internet access, a TWAIN-compatible scanner, and a ComputerLine password. Or, if you have a smartphone, you can use eDeposit for mobile via the MSUFCU Mobile app.
To Access eDeposit on your computer
1. Sign into your ComputerLine account
2. Select the eDeposit from the top menu
The first time you access eDeposit, you must review and agree to the eDeposit Services Agreement. You will then be provided with step-by-step instructions to help you scan and deposit your check.
1Although checks will automatically be deposited to your account when eDeposit is used, a hold may be placed on these funds. If we decide to extend the hold on a deposited item, we will provide you with a notice and tell you when the funds will be available.
2Fees applicable to all check deposits, such as returned check fees, still apply to the checks deposited via eDeposit. Checks deposited using eDeposit count toward the number of complimentary monthly transactions on business accounts. Please see MSUFCU's Fee Schedule for additional information.
Wire transfers electronically transfer funds between MSUFCU and an eligible institution within the U.S. International wire transfers electronically transfer funds from one financial institution to another institution outside of the U.S.
Request to send a wire at any MSUFCU branch or call 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968.
You may also send a wire request via MSUFCU’s eMessage Center. Sign into ComputerLine and select Messages from the top menu and leave a message with the following information:
- Originator Information: Your name, account number, and daytime phone number.
- Amount: Total amount of funds in U.S. dollars or international funds. Many countries only accept U.S. funds.
- Financial Institution: For Domestic wires, the name and routing number of the financial institution that will be receiving the funds. For international wires, the name and address of the overseas bank and the SWIFT Code and IBAN Number.
- Beneficiary: The name and account number of the person or company receiving the wire.
- Intermediary Bank or Company: If there is an intermediary bank or company involved, the name and account number of the bank or company will be needed.
Please note, there is a $25 fee for sending a domestic wire and a $50 fee for sending an international wire. Please allow 2-24 hours for processing. Additional verbal and/or written confirmation may be required prior to sending the wire.
Receiving a wire to your MSUFCU account is $5. You will need to provide the following information to the financial institution sending the funds:
- MSUFCU Address: Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, 3777 West Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
- ABA Routing Number: 272479663
- MSUFCU SWIFT Code: MSUCUS44
- Your base account number and your two digit ID: For example, if your account number is 123456-03. 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit ID designating your savings or checking account.
Please print this page, complete, sign, and fax to MSUFCU at 866-374-2123 (please include contact or department).
Unavailable Wire Destinations:
You may not be able to conduct banking transactions, such as wires, in/to the following countries. Please contact MSUFCU to confirm the status of the country where you wish to wire funds. Unavailable Wire Destinations: Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, The Balkans, Zimbabwe, Syria, Côte D'ivoire, Belarus, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
BudgetSmart is free software designed to help you manage your money more effectively. You can use BudgetSmart to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or
- Experiment with "what if" scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
Download BudgetSmart software for free, and you'll be on your way to creating your own personalized budget!
After the software is downloaded, you'll need to add a new user with your own unique user name and password.
At this time, BudgetSmart is not compatible with Macintosh computers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will continue to work with the software provider for updates.
BudgetSmart is offered by GreenPath Financial Wellness. GreenPath may have privacy and security policies which differ from those of MSUFCU.