MSUFCU offers simple solutions and options to cover transactions when one account has insufficient funds. With overdraft protection, you'll feel safe knowing you have a back-up plan.
Avoid NSF (Non-Sufficient Fund) fees by setting up overdraft protection. With overdraft protection, funds are automatically transferred from your MSUFCU savings or loan accounts if you spend a bit more than you thought you had in your checking account.
Plus, overdraft protection is free as long as you elect to be notified of each transfer via an eNotice. If you elect to receive paper overdraft notices notices by mail, you will be assessed a $5.00 fee for each paper notice.
Set Up Overdraft Protection
Visit any branch location or call 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968. You can also manage your overdraft protection paths by logging into ComputerLine, selecting Manage from the top menu, and then click Overdraft Protection under the Create or Modify Accounts section.
Courtesy Pay for Debit is an additional form of overdraft protection that's available to help cover your Visa Debit Card transactions.* Avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of declined transactions! If for whatever reason, funds are not available in your checking account at the time you make a Visa Debit Card transaction—for example, checking out at the grocery store—Courtesy Pay for Debit can help cover your transaction so your purchase is not declined.
- Your account will be assessed $30 each time Courtesy Pay for Debit is used.
- Balance Shield will protect your account. A Courtesy Pay for Debit fee will not be assessed for transactions resulting in a balance of $0.00 to -$5.00.
- There is no fee to set up or maintain Courtesy Pay for Debit on your account. However, you will be assessed a fee each time Courtesy Pay for Debit is used.
Sign Up for Courtesy Pay for Debit
- Online: Login to ComputerLine, select Manage from the top menu, and click Courtesy Pay for Debit under the My Information & Preferences section.
- By Phone: Call us at 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968.
- In Person: Sign up at any of our branch locations.
- By Mail or Fax: Complete a printable sign-up form, and submit it by mail to MSUFCU, PO Box 1208, East Lansing, MI 48826-1208 or by fax to 866-374-2123.
To set up this additional protection on your account, you must opt-in to this service.
*Whether your overdrafts will be paid with Courtesy Pay is discretionary, and MSUFCU reserves the right not to pay if your account is not in good standing. Business and Organizational accounts, temporary residents and members with accounts in default will not be granted this service.