MSU Federal Credit Union's mission is to provide superior service while assisting members and employees to achieve financial security, their goals, and ultimately, their dreams.
MSUFCU is owned and operated by members of the Michigan State and Oakland University communities. From our opening in 1937 operating out of a desk drawer in the Michigan State University Administration building to the recent construction of our LEED® Gold-certified headquarters at 3777 West Road in East Lansing, MSUFCU has experienced many changes. Over the years we have become the largest university-based credit union in the world. One thing that has never changed has been our focus on our greatest asset: our members.
In 2013, Eaton County Educational Credit Union (ECECU) merged with MSUFCU, extending the Credit Union’s field of membership to employees and pensioners of educational institutions and individuals who live, work, worship, and go to school in Eaton County. MSUFCU gained one branch and 5,000 members in the merger with ECECU. In 2016, MSUFCU expanded its presence in Oakland County through a merger with Clarkston Brandon Community Credit Union (CBCCU), adding individuals who live, work, worship, and go to school in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, and Oakland counties to its field of membership. Two branches and 8,500 members were gained as a result of the CBCCU merger. As we continue to grow, our increased branch presence allows us to better provide superior service and a full range of products to our members living across the state.
With more than $3.25 billion in assets, a membership of over 220,000, and over 700 employees, seventeen branches and more ATMs than any other institution in the Greater Lansing area, MSUFCU continues to develop in ways that best benefit our members and our community. Through dedicated and knowledgeable employees, new technologies, and innovative products and services, we strive to always provide more ways to help our members achieve financial success.