Financial 4.0 Programming coming to a 'Neighborhood' Near You
Back for its third run on-campus, MSU Federal Credit Union’s Financial 4.0 financial education sessions will be in the MSU Neighborhoods starting on Monday, September 18 and continue throughout the fall semester.
The sessions, which cover the topics of budgeting, credit, and identity theft, pair with the Credit Union’s Financial 4.0 app. The free app, launched in the fall of 2015, provides financial education content created by student-interns and financial experts from the Credit Union’s Financial Education Department. You can download the app through the Apple Store or Google Play, or you can view the website here, https://www.msufcu.org/fin40/.
“The app continues to grow and be a resource for students to successfully navigate their finances anytime, anywhere,” said Paul, a Senior Financial Educator. “The programs in the MSU Neighborhoods allow students an important touchpoint with the Credit Union’s financial experts and it gives an opportunity to have their questions answered and gain help in navigating specific financial situations in their lives. Ultimately, through the app and interacting with our team, the hope is that it leads to a more financially savvy student body.”
Each of the Neighborhoods will have three financial education sessions available to all students this semester. The schedule rotates to ensure the Credit Union is showing up on all corners of campus regularly to avoid missed opportunities for students. To find out where and when the Financial 4.0 sessions are taking place on campus, here is the fall schedule (all session run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.):
- Monday, September 18 – Budgeting – Holden Hall Engagement Center Lobby
- Wednesday, September 20 – Credit – Brody Hall Grotto
- Monday, September 25 – Identity Theft – McDonel Hall Room C101T
- Wednesday, September 27 – Budgeting – MSU Union Room 40
- Monday, October 2 – Credit – Hubbard Hall Room 130F
- Wednesday, October 4 – Credit – McDonel Hall Room C101T
- Monday, October 9 – Identity Theft – Brody Hall Grotto
- Wednesday, October 11 – Credit – Holden Hall Engagement Center Lobby
- Monday, October 16 – Identity Theft – MSU Union Room 40
- Wednesday, October 18 – Budgeting – Hubbard Hall Room 130F
- Wednesday, November 1 – Identity Theft – Holden Hall Engagement Center Lobby
- Monday, November 6 – Credit – MSU Union Room 40
- Wednesday, November 8 – Budgeting – Brody Hall Grotto
- Monday, November 13 – Budgeting – McDonel Hall Room C101T
- Wednesday, November 15 – Identity Theft – Hubbard Hall Room 130F
Students are welcome to show up the evening of the sessions, though we encourage you to register in advance through the Financial 4.0 app or website. Here is the registration link, https://www.msufcu.org/fin40/events/.
We look forward to seeing you in the Neighborhoods this semester!