5th Graders are Invited to Participate in the Arbor Day Poster Contest
In partnership with the Michigan Arbor Day Alliance (MADA), we are happy to announce the 2020 Fifth Grade Arbor Day Poster Contest. This year’s Arbor Day Poster Contest encourages fifth-grade students to use their best drawing, coloring, and crafting skills to unleash their creativity and design a poster demonstrating the theme: Forests for Fish. The Michigan Arbor Day Celebration engages youth through community development, service-learning, and taking care of our natural resources.
Here’s how your child can participate:
- Entry must be an original artwork of the child submitting it. Computer generation or collages WILL NOT be accepted. Poster may be done in crayon, marker, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, tempura paint, or any combination of these.
- Entry must be on paper from 8.5" x 11" to 14" x 18" in size.
- The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way. The theme "Forests for Fish" must be on the poster, spelled correctly.
- Entry must be signed on the back of the poster with the student's first and last name.
- Teachers: please send ONLY ONE poster from each participating class and tape/paper clip the entry/permission form to the back of each poster. Select your preferred top entry (classroom/school contest, science or art fair display, popularity vote, etc.)
- a. If you are participating as an individual or through a library this rule does not apply.
- Parents/Guardians and Teachers: EACH poster submitted MUST have a filled-out entry/permission form signed by the student's legal guardian. Please fill out the entry form completely and legibly. If we are unable to contact you, you will forfeit your prize.
- Entries must be mailed flat. Do not fold, roll, matte, mount, laminate, or frame your poster.
- Posters WILL NOT be automatically returned. If you would like your poster back, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope large enough to hold your poster along with your entry and we will mail it back to you.
All entries must be received by March 9, 2020, and mailed to:
Michigan Arbor Day Alliance
Attn: 5th Grade Poster Contest
551 Courthouse Drive, Suite. 3
Charlotte, MI 48813
Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place by popular vote. All qualifying posters will be posted on the Michigan Arbor Day Alliance Facebook page for online voting and hung in MSUFCU Headquarters for in-person voting. The first-place winner and his or her teacher will be invited to attend the State Arbor Day Celebration in Lansing on Friday, April 24, 2020.
For full contest details and rules, visit the website here.
The Credit Union is proud to support the Michigan Arbor Day Alliance. As part of our partnership with MADA, the Credit Union also helps to coordinate the annual Arbor Day Celebration at Potter Park Zoo and an annual tree-planting event each spring.