Winners Announced for GreenLight Business Model Competition
MSUFCU was proud to again sponsor the GreenLight Business Model Competition this year. Together with Spartan Innovations, LEAP, MEDC, and the Michigan State University Innovation Center, we helped create this competition to join entrepreneurs and small business supporters from all over the State of Michigan. Participants in the event had the opportunity to pitch their new business ideas to a panel of judges, win up to $50,000 in prizes, and network with venture capital investors in the region. On March 31, 2015, this year’s winners were announced as indicated below:
- Grand Prize: $25,000 to Airway Innovations
- Second Prize: $10,000 to SteriDev
- Third Prize: $4,000 to Safety Sit
- Whirlpool Award: $5,000 to AutomowticCo
- Undergraduate First Place: $3,000 to Safety Sit
- Undergraduate Second Place: $1,000 to OneSound
- Best Overall Pitch: $1,000 to SS Equestrian
- Most Creative/Original: $1,000 to Acetylcholine Regulating Device
We are happy to support this competition as well as local startup businesses. It is our hope to help cultivate these ideas and dreams into realities with financial support and resources for students and entrepreneurs alike.
Learn more about the winners and the GreenLight Business Model Competition here.
Click here to view photos fromt the GreenLight Business Model Competition.