“The Credit Union’s first Headquarters location on Crescent Road was finished and scheduled for move-in on October 14, 1971.”— MSUFCU History

March 19, 2012: MSUFCU Opens New Farm Lane Branch

 
X
print page
Published: Mar 19, 2012

MSUFCU Opens New Farm Lane Branch

Tweet Button

EAST LANSING, MI—MSU Federal Credit Union’s new branch at 4825 E. Mount Hope Road in East Lansing opened for business on Monday, March 5, 2012. This branch, located at the corner of Mount Hope Road and Farm Lane, replaces the Credit Union’s nearby Crescent Branch at 600 E. Crescent Road; the Crescent Branch has closed, but drive-up ATMs at that location will remain open.

 

All staff from MSUFCU’s Crescent Branch has transferred to the new Farm Lane Branch. The Farm Lane Branch is a full-service office offering all services previously available at the Crescent Branch including drive-up and walk-up ATMs, drive-up tellers, mortgage loan services, and a night depository. The new branch also offers additional features such as meeting spaces MSUFCU can use to conduct financial seminars, classes, and events.

 

MSUFCU’s President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Patrick McPharlin states, “MSUFCU’s new Farm Lane Branch will provide our members with the same exceptional service to which they’re accustomed at an updated and much more conveniently located office. This change also allows IBM, which has leased space at our Crescent Road location for several years, to fully lease that building and create additional jobs.”

 

MSU Federal Credit Union, the world’s largest university-based credit union, serves Michigan State University and Oakland University faculty, staff, students, alumni association members and their families worldwide and offers a full range of personal and business related financial services. Founded in 1937 by a handful of MSU professors and employees, MSUFCU now has over 162,000 members, $2 billion in assets, and more than 400 employees. MSUFCU was named the Michigan Credit Union League Credit Union of the Year in 2010.