Visa Credit & Debit Card Disclosures
You agree to accept these terms and conditions and are electing to receive electronic correspondence from MSU Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU).
- You will receive certain MSUFCU correspondence at the email address you provide to us. The correspondence may include, but is not limited to: Account Statement Notices, Visa Statement Notices, IRS Tax Form Notices, and Transaction Notices (non-sufficient fund, Courtesy Pay, and overdraft notices).
- MSUFCU will accumulate a 36-month, online archive of account and Visa statements and IRS Tax Forms.
- Your consent for electronic IRS Tax Forms applies to every year the statement is furnished or until you cancel your electronic enrollment.
- You agree to electronically view any changes in disclosures, election information, or updates to MSUFCU products, services, or fees.
- Some correspondence that you receive via email may contain links to the MSUFCU website and ComputerLine for additional information. You will need to use your ComputerLine login credentials to access this information.
- While enrolled in electronic correspondence, you will not receive the same correspondence via the U.S. Postal Service. However, you will continue to receive through the U.S. Postal Service certain correspondence that is currently not available electronically.
- You must have a valid email address that we will use to send information using unencrypted email. You will remain enrolled in our electronic service(s) as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, or unless you request otherwise. Consecutive undeliverable email attempts may cause MSUFCU to revoke electronic services until a valid email address is provided.
- At any time, you may cancel enrollment for electronic correspondence by visiting an MSUFCU branch, calling 517-333-2424 or toll-free 800-678-4968, or logging into ComputerLine with your account number and password, then changing your preference to paper statements or account notices. If you currently have a Totally Green Checking account, eStatements and eNotices are required and can not be changed via ComputerLine. You will need to contact MSUFCU directly to be converted to paper statements and Classic Checking.
- When you cancel your enrollment in a service(s), we will resume mailing all of your correspondence as elected through the U.S. Postal Service at no additional charge to you* and discontinue electronic transmission of these items.
- If you wish to obtain a paper copy of the emailed correspondence, we will provide it to you at no cost.
- It is your responsibility to inform us about any change to your name and/or email address. This email address will be used to also communicate with you electronically as necessary. You accept responsibility for the delivery of the electronic correspondence.
- You have access to the necessary hardware and software to view, print, or otherwise access necessary information to receive electronic communications from us and to access the MSUFCU website. The minimum hardware requirements are IBM-compatible PC, Apple, analog modem or Ethernet for internet connection, monitor, and printer. The minimum software requirements are an operating system that supports a web browser such as Internet Explorer v7.0, an Internet Service Provider (Internet Access), and an email application that supports HTML formatted emails.
* A $5.00 fee is charged for each overdraft transaction when a paper Transaction Notice is selected.
MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card Image Guidelines
Picture file must be a JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), PNG, or GIF file with a minimum size of 1033 pixels by 657 pixels.
Small pictures will print poorly. For best results, use larger images with higher resolutions. MSUFCU does not recommend resizing pictures smaller than 1033 pixels by 657 pixels to fit within the MyDesignSM Card dimensions.
We recommend using photo editing software (such as Microsoft Picture Manager, Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) to resize an image to the required dimensions.
Uploading Your Image
The larger the file size, the longer it will take to upload.
If creating your MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card at home, your image must be downloaded to your computer's hard drive before it can be uploaded to the MyDesignSM Visa Card Creator within ComputerLine.
Tips for a Successful Design
Review the look of your card before submitting your order to verify that the image is placed exactly how you want your card to look.
There may be a slight color variation between your uploaded image and the way the image appears on the printed card.
Pay special attention to where the MSUFCU and Visa logos and other elements such as the card number and your name are located. Make sure the main part of your image isn't covered by the logos on your MyDesignSM Card and your name and card number are visible.
Images that are blurry, too dark, or too light on screen will appear that way when the card is printed.
Official MyDesignSM Visa Card Terms and Conditions
You certify that you have the sole rights to use the submitted photograph and that you have obtained any necessary consent to allow Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and its affiliates to alter, copy, print, distribute, prepare and use the photograph. We will refer to MSUFCU Visa Credit Cards and Visa Debit Cards as "Card(s)" throughout these terms.
Your first MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Visa Debit or Credit Card is free. You will be charged a $5.00 fee to update/alter your MyDesign℠ Card image during each 12-month period until the card’s expiration date.
MSUFCU’s MyDesign℠ Card is available for MSUFCU Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Debit Cards. It is not available for MSUFCU Business Debit or Credit Cards, OUAA Visa Card, the Prime Advantage Visa Credit Card, or ATM cards.
MSUFCU staff must approve personal photographs to be used as your MyDesign℠ Card image. You will receive a ComputerLine eMessage, within one (1) business day with the card image’s approval status. Any image deemed unacceptable by MSUFCU will not be issued. If your image was denied, you may submit a new image for approval.
Your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card may not contain any of the following: trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands from any third party; copyrighted material or branded products; celebrities, actors, musicians, public figures, cartoons, professional or collegiate sports teams or athletes; telephone numbers or addresses, web addresses, account numbers or Personal Identification Numbers (PINs); images MSUFCU deems provocative, sexual, violent or otherwise offensive; nudity or semi-nudity, profanity or obscenities; alcohol, tobacco, or firearms; any reference to Visa-sponsored events (e.g., the Olympics or Super Bowl); images which show illegal or anti-social behavior; culturally insensitive images; images that might result in the card being rejected at the point-of-sale; any image that may potentially denigrate the Visa brand; images which display the opinions of political, religious, or socially unacceptable groups (e.g., gangs, supremacy); reproduction of currency, where applicable; images that may interfere with the security features of the card; any image MSUFCU deems unacceptable to be associated with the MSUFCU brand.
Members with a first-time MSUFCU Visa Card will be issued an embossed card. Once the member received his/her MyDesign℠ Card, it is his/her responsibility to destroy the embossed card that was initially issued. Members must destroy the embossed card to protect him/herself from the risk of fraud by having two cards with the same information issued at the same time. MyDesign℠ Cards will be issued for three (3) years. The current image on your the MyDesign℠ Card will be the image used to reissue your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card.
MSUFCU maintains the rights to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice.