Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
Travel Accident Insurance Description of Coverage
Principal Sum(s) Enrolled:
Visa Debit Card: Benefit Amount $250,000
Platinum Visa: Benefit Amount $1,000,000
Platinum Plus Visa: Benefit Amount $1,000,000
THIS IS AN ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT ONLY POLICY AND DOES NOT PAY BENEFITS FOR LOSS FROM SICKNESS
This Description of Coverage is provided to eligible cardholders, and replaces any and all Descriptions of Coverage previously issued to the insured with respect to insurance described herein.
Eligibility and Period of Coverage
You and your dependents become covered automatically when the entire Common Carrier fare is charged to your covered card account (“Covered Persons”). It is not necessary to notify the Financial Institution, the Insurance Company or Plan Administrator when tickets are purchased. Coverage ends when the policy is terminated or on the date your covered card terminates or ceases to be in good standing, whichever occurs first.
Subject to the terms and conditions, if a Covered Person’s accidental bodily injury occurs while on a Covered Trip and results in any of the following Losses within one year after the date of the accident, the Insurance Company will pay the following percentage of the Principal Sum for accidental Loss of:
Both hands or both feet :100%
Sight of both eyes:100%
One hand and one foot:100%
Speech and hearing: 100%
One hand or one foot and the sight of one eye: 100%
One hand or one foot: 50%
Sight of one eye: 50%
Speech or hearing: 50%
Thumb & index finger on the same hand: 25%
In no event will multiple charge cards obligate the Insurance Company in excess of the stated benefit for any one Loss sustained by a Covered Person as a result of any one accident. The maximum amount payable for all losses due to the same accident is the Principal Sum.
Loss means actual severance through or above the wrist or ankle joints with regard to hands and feet; entire and irrevocable Loss of sight, speech or hearing; actual severance through or above the metacarpophalangeal joints with regard to thumb and index fingers. The life benefit provides coverage in the event of a Covered Person’s death. If a Covered Person’s body has not been found within one year of disappearance, stranding, sinking, or wreckage of any Common Carrier in which the Covered Person was covered as a passenger, then it shall be presumed, subject to all other provisions and conditions of this coverage, the Covered Person suffered Loss of life.
Injury means bodily injury resulting directly and independently of all other causes from an accident which occurs while the Covered Person is covered under this policy.
Covered Trip means a trip (a) while Covered Person is riding on a Common Carrier as a passenger and not as a pilot, operator or crew member, and (b) charged to your covered card, and (c) that begins and ends at the places designated on the ticket purchased for the trip. Covered Trip will also include travel on a Common Carrier (excluding aircraft), directly to, from or at any Common Carrier terminal, which travel immediately precedes departure to or follows arrival at the designation designated on the ticket purchased for the Covered Trip.
Common Carrier means any scheduled airline, land or water conveyance licensed for transportation of passengers for hire. Common Carrier does not include a conveyance operated for sport, recreation, and/or sightseeing activities or for any travel in any aircraft device for aerial navigation except as expressly provided in the policy.
Exclusion: No payment will be made for any Loss that occurs in connection with, or is the result of: (a) suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicting injury; (b) any sickness or disease; (c) travel or flight on any kind of aircraft or Common Carrier except as a fare-paying passenger in an aircraft or on a Common Carrier operated by a regular schedule for passenger service over an established route; or (d) war or act of war, whether declared or undeclared.
Beneficiary: Benefit of Loss of life is payable to your estate, or to the beneficiary designated in writing by you. All other benefits are payable to you.
Notice of Claim: Written Notice of claim, including your name and policy number VTA00015 should be mailed to the Plan Administrator within 20 days of a covered Loss or as soon as reasonably possible. The Plan Administrator will send the claimant forms for filing proof of Loss.
The Cost: This travel insurance is purchased for you by your Financial Institution.
Description of Coverage: This description of coverage details material facts about a Travel Accident Insurance Policy which has been established for you and is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. Please read this description carefully. All provisions of the plan are in the master policy, VTA00015, issued to the Visa USA Trust, Chicago, IL which is effective 4/1/03. Any difference between the policy and this description will be settled according to the provisions of the policy.
Questions: Answers to specific questions can be obtained by writing to the Plan Administrator:
CBSI Enhancement Services
550 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, NY 10528
Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
1000 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Glenview, IL 60025
General Program Provisions, Travel Accident Insurance:
Travel Accident Insurance is provided under a master policy of insurance issued by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (herein referred to as “the Company”). We reserve the right to change the benefits and features of all these programs.
Visa USA or the Company can cancel or choose not to renew the insurance coverages for all insureds. If this happens, your Financial Institution will notify the Cardholder at least 30 days in advance of the expiration of the policy. Such notices need not be given if substantially similar replacement coverage takes effect without interruption and is provided by the same insurer. Insurance benefits will still apply to Covered Trips commenced prior to the date of such cancellation or non-renewal, provided all other terms and conditions of coverage are met. Travel Accident Insurance does not apply if your Card privileges have been suspended or cancelled. However, Insurance benefits will still apply to Covered Trips commenced prior to the date that your account is suspended or cancelled provided all other terms and conditions of coverage are met.
Coverage will be void if, at any time, the Cardholder has concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance concerning the coverage or the subject thereof of the Cardholder’s interest herein, or in the case of any fraud or false swearing by the Insured relating thereto. No person or entity other than the Cardholder shall have any legal or equitable right, remedy, or claim for insurance proceeds and/or damages under or arising out of this coverage.
No action at law or in equity shall be brought to recover on this coverage prior to the expiration of 60 days after proof of Loss has been furnished in accordance with the requirements of this Description of Coverage.
The Company, at its expense, has the right to have you examined, as often as reasonably necessary while a claim is pending. The Company may also have an autopsy made unless prohibited by law.
MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card Image Guidelines
- Picture file must be a JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), PNG, or GIF file with a minimum size of 1033 pixels by 657 pixels.
- Small pictures will print poorly. For best results, use larger images with higher resolutions. MSUFCU does not recommend resizing pictures smaller than 1033 pixels by 657 pixels to fit within the MyDesignSM Card dimensions.
- We recommend using photo editing software (such as Microsoft Picture Manager, Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) to resize an image to the required dimensions.
Uploading Your Image
- The larger the file size, the longer it will take to upload.
- If creating your MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card at home, your image must be downloaded to your computer's hard drive before it can be uploaded to the MyDesignSM Visa Card Creator within ComputerLine.
Tips for a Successful Design
- Review the look of your card before submitting your order to verify that the image is placed exactly how you want your card to look.
- There may be a slight color variation between your uploaded image and the way the image appears on the printed card.
- Pay special attention to where the MSUFCU and Visa logos and other elements such as the card number and your name are located. Make sure the main part of your image isn't covered by the logos on your MyDesignSM Card and your name and card number are visible.
- Images that are blurry, too dark, or too light on screen will appear that way when the card is printed.
Official MyDesignSM Visa Card Terms and Conditions
- You certify that you have the sole rights to use the submitted photograph and that you have obtained any necessary consent to allow Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and its affiliates to alter, copy, print, distribute, prepare and use the photograph. We will refer to MSUFCU Visa Credit Cards and Visa Debit Cards as "Card(s)" throughout these terms.
- Your first MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Visa Debit or Credit Card is free. You will be charged a $5.00 fee to update/alter your MyDesign℠ Card image during each 12-month period until the card’s expiration date.
- MSUFCU’s MyDesign℠ Card is available for MSUFCU Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Debit Cards. It is not available for MSUFCU Business Debit or Credit Cards, OUAA Visa Card, the Prime Advantage Visa Credit Card, or ATM cards.
- MSUFCU staff must approve personal photographs to be used as your MyDesign℠ Card image. You will receive a ComputerLine eMessage, within one (1) business day with the card image’s approval status. Any image deemed unacceptable by MSUFCU will not be issued. If your image was denied, you may submit a new image for approval.
- Your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card may not contain any of the following: trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands from any third party; copyrighted material or branded products; celebrities, actors, musicians, public figures, cartoons, professional or collegiate sports teams or athletes; telephone numbers or addresses, web addresses, account numbers or Personal Identification Numbers (PINs); images MSUFCU deems provocative, sexual, violent or otherwise offensive; nudity or semi-nudity, profanity or obscenities; alcohol, tobacco, or firearms; any reference to Visa-sponsored events (e.g., the Olympics or Super Bowl); images which show illegal or anti-social behavior; culturally insensitive images; images that might result in the card being rejected at the point-of-sale; any image that may potentially denigrate the Visa brand; images which display the opinions of political, religious, or socially unacceptable groups (e.g., gangs, supremacy); reproduction of currency, where applicable; images that may interfere with the security features of the card; any image MSUFCU deems unacceptable to be associated with the MSUFCU brand.
- Members with a first-time MSUFCU Visa Card will be issued an embossed card. Once the member received his/her MyDesign℠ Card, it is his/her responsibility to destroy the embossed card that was initially issued. Members must destroy the embossed card to protect him/herself from the risk of fraud by having two cards with the same information issued at the same time. MyDesign℠ Cards will be issued for three (3) years. The current image on your the MyDesign℠ Card will be the image used to reissue your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card.
- MSUFCU maintains the rights to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice.