Visa Credit & Debit Card Disclosures
MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card Image Guidelines
- Picture file must be a JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), PNG, or GIF file with a minimum size of 1033 pixels by 657 pixels.
- Small pictures will print poorly. For best results, use larger images with higher resolutions. MSUFCU does not recommend resizing pictures smaller than 1033 pixels by 657 pixels to fit within the MyDesignSM Card dimensions.
- We recommend using photo editing software (such as Microsoft Picture Manager, Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) to resize an image to the required dimensions.
Uploading Your Image
- The larger the file size, the longer it will take to upload.
- If creating your MSUFCU MyDesignSM Card at home, your image must be downloaded to your computer's hard drive before it can be uploaded to the MyDesignSM Visa Card Creator within ComputerLine.
Tips for a Successful Design
- Review the look of your card before submitting your order to verify that the image is placed exactly how you want your card to look.
- There may be a slight color variation between your uploaded image and the way the image appears on the printed card.
- Pay special attention to where the MSUFCU and Visa logos and other elements such as the card number and your name are located. Make sure the main part of your image isn't covered by the logos on your MyDesignSM Card and your name and card number are visible.
- Images that are blurry, too dark, or too light on screen will appear that way when the card is printed.
Official MyDesignSM Visa Card Terms and Conditions
- You certify that you have the sole rights to use the submitted photograph and that you have obtained any necessary consent to allow Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and its affiliates to alter, copy, print, distribute, prepare and use the photograph. We will refer to MSUFCU Visa Credit Cards and Visa Debit Cards as "Card(s)" throughout these terms.
- Your first MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Visa Debit or Credit Card is free. You will be charged a $5.00 fee to update/alter your MyDesign℠ Card image during each 12-month period until the card’s expiration date.
- MSUFCU’s MyDesign℠ Card is available for MSUFCU Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Debit Cards. It is not available for MSUFCU Business Debit or Credit Cards, OUAA Visa Card, the Prime Advantage Visa Credit Card, or ATM cards.
- MSUFCU staff must approve personal photographs to be used as your MyDesign℠ Card image. You will receive a ComputerLine eMessage, within one (1) business day with the card image’s approval status. Any image deemed unacceptable by MSUFCU will not be issued. If your image was denied, you may submit a new image for approval.
- Your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card may not contain any of the following: trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands from any third party; copyrighted material or branded products; celebrities, actors, musicians, public figures, cartoons, professional or collegiate sports teams or athletes; telephone numbers or addresses, web addresses, account numbers or Personal Identification Numbers (PINs); images MSUFCU deems provocative, sexual, violent or otherwise offensive; nudity or semi-nudity, profanity or obscenities; alcohol, tobacco, or firearms; any reference to Visa-sponsored events (e.g., the Olympics or Super Bowl); images which show illegal or anti-social behavior; culturally insensitive images; images that might result in the card being rejected at the point-of-sale; any image that may potentially denigrate the Visa brand; images which display the opinions of political, religious, or socially unacceptable groups (e.g., gangs, supremacy); reproduction of currency, where applicable; images that may interfere with the security features of the card; any image MSUFCU deems unacceptable to be associated with the MSUFCU brand.
- Members with a first-time MSUFCU Visa Card will be issued an embossed card. Once the member received his/her MyDesign℠ Card, it is his/her responsibility to destroy the embossed card that was initially issued. Members must destroy the embossed card to protect him/herself from the risk of fraud by having two cards with the same information issued at the same time. MyDesign℠ Cards will be issued for three (3) years. The current image on your the MyDesign℠ Card will be the image used to reissue your MSUFCU MyDesign℠ Card.
- MSUFCU maintains the rights to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
MSUFCU Visa Periodic Disclosure
If you would prefer to discontinue your MSUFCU Visa Card, please submit a letter in writing to Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, C/O Visa Department, PO Box 1067, East Lansing, MI 48826-1067, requesting MSUFCU to cancel your credit card. Please cut your credit card in half and include it in the envelope.
What To Do If You Find A Mistake On Your Statement
If you think there is an error on your statement, write to us or call us at:
MSU Federal Credit Union
C/O Visa Department
PO Box 1067
East Lansing, MI 48826-1067
517-333-2323 or 800-847-2383
You may also contact us online: www.msufcu.org/contact
In your letter, please provide the following information:
- Account Information: Your name and account number.
- Dollar Amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Description of Problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
You must notify us of any potential errors in writing or electronically. You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may be required to pay the amount in question.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error, the following are true:
- We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount.
- The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. But, if we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount.
- While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance.
- We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
Your Rights If You Are Dissatisfied With Your Credit Card Purchases
If you are dissatisfied with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase.
To use this right, all of the following must be true:
- The purchase must have been made in your home state or within 100 miles of your current mailing address, and the purchase price must have been more than $50. (Note: Neither of these are necessary if your purchase was based on an advertisement we mailed to you, or if we own the company that sold you the goods or services.)
- You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify.
- You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase.
If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in writing or electronically at:
MSU Federal Credit Union
C/O Visa Department
PO Box 1067
East Lansing, MI 48826-1067
While we investigate, the same rules apply to the disputed amount as discussed above. After we finish our investigation, we will tell you our decision. At that point, if we think you owe an amount and you do not pay, we may report you as delinquent.
IF YOUR VISA CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN, AND YOU ARE CALLING AFTER BUSINESS HOURS, PLEASE CALL 888-393-1172.
HOW TO COMPUTE THE FINANCE CHARGE
The FINANCE CHARGE (interest) on purchases and cash advances is calculated at the Daily Periodic Rate. Separate finance charges for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances are determined by multiplying the Daily Periodic Rate by the separate average daily balances for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances by the number of days in the statement period. Each average daily balance is determined by taking the beginning balance (of purchases, balance transfers or cash advances) in your account each day, adding any new purchases, balance transfers or cash advances (whichever is applicable) and subtracting any payments or credits. The results are the daily balances. All the daily balances for the statement period are added and the total is divided by the number of days in the statement period to arrive at the average daily balances for the period.