Open your MSUFCU account today and begin enjoying the credit union difference! As an MSUFCU member, you are part owner of the credit union, and you receive all the benefits that credit union membership has to offer. You'll notice the difference between being a credit union member/owner and a bank customer immediately:
- Superior member service
- Great low loan rates
- Fewer and lower fees
- Competitive dividend rates
- Knowledgeable and helpful employees
The largest university-based credit union in the world, MSUFCU offers the convenience of a national bank while still providing personalized, friendly service.
- Apply By Mail — Print and complete the New Account Application. Be sure to include all necessary supporting materials and mail your application to:
MSU Federal Credit Union
C/O New Accounts
PO Box 1208
East Lansing, MI 48826-1208
- Apply By Phone — Call 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968.
- Apply in Person — Visit any of our convenient branches with your driver's license and proof of eligibility. Our representatives will make opening your account an easy and pleasant experience.
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your entry Visa (DS-2019, I-20 etc.)
- Copy of your offer to study/work at Michigan State University or Oakland University (appointment papers)
- Completed W-8 BEN tax form, available online or at any of our branch locations
Visa Debit Card
An MSUFCU Visa Debit Card goes hand-in-hand with your checking account. Although the Visa Debit Card looks like a credit card, it deducts your purchase directly from your checking account–just like a check. No credit is involved.
You must provide proof that you will be in the U.S. for 6 months or more to qualify for a Visa Debit Card.
Visa Credit Card
An MSUFCU Visa Credit Card gives you financial freedom and helps you establish positive credit history. The credit limit available to international members ranges from $500–$2,000.
In order to apply for an MSUFCU Visa Credit Card, you must open an MSUFCU account and provide:
- Proof that you will be in the U.S. for 6 months or more.
- A pledge equal to your Visa credit limit to be placed in a savings account or MSUFCU Certificate prior to receiving your MSUFCU Visa Credit Card.*
There is a $5 fee to receive a wire to your MSUFCU account. You will need to provide the following information to the financial institution sending the funds:
- MSUFCU Address: Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, 3777 West Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
- Routing Number: 272479663
- MSUFCU SWIFT Code: MSUCUS44
- Your base account number and your two digit ID: For example, if your account number is 123456-03. 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit ID designating your savings or checking account.
*Pledge is returned 60 days after the cancellation of the Visa with a $0 balance