Browser Compatibility: For the best experience on our website, please upgrade to the current version of CCBot. Click here to learn more.
MSUFCU | Join MSUFCU | Who Can Join

Who Can Join MSUFCU?
MSU Federal Credit Union provides financial services to the Michigan State University and Oakland University communities and their families, as well as select employee and community groups.

  • Faculty, staff, and students of MSU or Oakland University and their immediate relatives.
  • MSU or OU Alumni Association members.
  • Members of the Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC). Anyone may join the MUCC as a member and then join MSUFCU.
  • MSU Alumni Association Legacy Program members.
  • Those who regularly work on the MSU or OU campus who are under the control of the MSU Board of Trustees or the governing body of Oakland University.
  • Employees of select groups and associations.
  • Immediate family members of the above eligible fields (spouse, parent, sibling, grandparent, or child).
  • Any individual living in the household of the above eligible fields making up an economic unit.
  • Registered Student Organization (RSO) accounts are available for groups associated with MSU

Apply Now

MSUFCU offers accounts for student organizations associated with MSU. A Registered Student Organization (RSO) account is a great way to manage your group's finances while enjoying the benefits of MSUFCU's knowledgeable staff. 


Please note: Non-profit organizations such as election campaigns and Scouting Troops must open a Business Account.   


Eligibility and Requirements

  • The Registered Student Organization (RSO) Checking is available to student organizations registered with MSU and who appear on the list of Student Groups on MSU’s website.
  • Should the RSO’s registration with MSU lapse and we become aware of the status change, the RSO checking account will be converted to a Small Business Checking.
  • The RSO will also be required to provide an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for tax reporting purposes.
  • At least one student registered with the organization through MSU must be on the account as a responsible individual. 
  • An Advisor is required and must be the person registered as such with the student organization on the MSU Student Group website.
  • All individuals on the account must sign and all personal accounts must be in good standing.
  • MSUFCU will notify the Department of Student Life of any RSO account not held in good standing.


Get a Tax ID Number
Having your RSO registered under a Tax ID Number (TIN) or Employer ID Number (EIN) will allow any dividends earned to be associated with your RSO as opposed to your individual taxes. Visit the IRS website to apply for an EIN.


Products and Services Available for RSO Accounts

  • RSO Checking Account
    • No monthly service fees
  • No minimum balance requirements
  • Electronic statements and notices
  • Visa debit cards
  • Individual ComputerLine usernames for each signer
  • Sweeps


MSUFCU Routing Number: 272479663

ComputerLine - Protected by TrulyU®

Forgot Username? Forgot Password?