Credit Report Information
Credit scores are used in more ways than many of us realize: Lenders, insurance companies, employers, landlords, and many others use your credit score to determine what services they offer you and how much you will pay for them.
To assist you in achieving your financial goals, MSUFCU is happy to provide you with information about how your credit score is determined and what you can do to attain the best possible credit score.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Bring delinquent loans current.
- Pay down or pay off credit cards, but don't close them.
- Move revolving debt (lines of credit) to installment loans (closed-end loan accounts).
- Don't open a lot of new credit lines in a short period of time.
- Check your credit report at least once a year at www.annualcreditreport.com. You can get a free credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus annually, but you typically have to pay to get your credit score.