Checking & Savings Accounts
MSUFCU offers a variety of checking and savings options to suit your needs.
From free checking accounts to dividend-earning checking accounts, MSUFCU has the checking options you've been looking for. Make the most of your account by signing up for eStatements and using MSUFCU's Visa Debit Card - the perfect companions for MSUFCU's Checking accounts.
MSUFCU has savings options to help you make the most of your money. Whether you're looking for a basic savings account or a higher-yield option, MSUFCU has accounts to fit your financial needs.
An IMMA allows you to have immediate access to your funds, while earning higher dividends on balances of $2,000 or more.
- Unlimited deposits
- Dividends calculated daily and paid monthly1
- 24/7 account access via ComputerLine, the MSUFCU Mobile app, MoneyLine, and CO-OP Network ATMs
- Funds are insured for at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- No minimum opening balance requirement
- $50 minimum opening balance for the IRA/HSA IMMA
- $2,000 minimum balance to start earning dividends
You may make as many of the following transfers per calendar month as you would like:
- Transfers or withdrawals made in person at a branch, by mail or at an ATM
- Withdrawal by check mailed to the depositor, requested by telephone call, MoneyLine or ComputerLine
- Automatic payment of service fees at MSUFCU
- Automatic transfers for the repayment of loans at MSUFCU
Electronic Transfers or Payments
An IMMA is a savings account and allows six (6) electronic transfers2 out of the account per month. The following transactions are included in the limit of six (6) transfers out:
- Overdraft transfers
- Telephone transfers
- Checks written checks from IMMA must be for a minimum of $500 each
- ComputerLine, MoneyLine, and mobile app transfers
- Pre-authorized or automatic payments or transfers to third-party companies
Open an IMMA
Login to ComputerLine, select Manage from the top menu, and click Add a Savings or IMMA Account under the Create or Modify Accounts section.
Or, leave a secure message in your ComputerLine account, at any MSUFCU Branch, or by calling 517-333-2424 or 800-678-4968.
1 Dividends will not be earned any day the account balance falls below the $2,000 minimum.
2 This refers to transaction limitations under Regulation D.