Checking & Savings Accounts
MSUFCU offers a variety of checking and savings options to suit your needs.
From free checking accounts to dividend-earning checking accounts, MSUFCU has the checking options you've been looking for. Make the most of your account by signing up for eStatements and using MSUFCU's Visa Debit Card - the perfect companions for MSUFCU's Checking accounts.
MSUFCU has savings options to help you make the most of your money. Whether you're looking for a basic savings account or a higher-yield option, MSUFCU has accounts to fit your financial needs.
NOTE: This account is designed specifically for Michigan State University employees.
This dividend bearing savings/distribution account is designed to help MSU faculty set aside a portion of his/her salary for distribution during the summer months when MSU payroll will not be disbursed. The account allows for automatic summer month distributions of your savings to an MSUFCU account you designate.
- Earns the same amount of dividends as our IMMA Savings Account Tier 1
- 24/7 account monitoring via ComputerLine, the MSUFCU Mobile app, MoneyLine, and CO-OP Network ATMs
Summer Pay Savings Calculator
Use the Summer Pay Savings Calculator to help you determine how much money to set aside in your Summer Pay account each paycheck to cover the months in which you will receive a partial paycheck or no check at all.
Deposits, Transfers, and Withdrawals
- Deposits can only be made by payroll deduction or automatic transfer with the exception of your initial deposit
- Withdrawal limit of four (4) per calendar year
- Withdrawals can only be made during the months of May, June, July, and August
- Funds will be transferred automatically to the MSUFCU checking or savings account designated by the member
Use the Summer Pay Savings Account form to:
- open an MSUFCU Summer Pay Account
- have net pay sent to MSUFCU
Please include the amount of money you’d like set aside from your monthly paycheck.
How Is My Money Disbursed?
The money in your Summer Pay Savings Account will be disbursed to your MSUFCU checking or savings account during the months of May, June, July, and August when only a partial paycheck or no paycheck is received.
The money you've set aside in your Summer Pay Savings Account will be disbursed during the months of May, June, July, and August. 1/3rd of the money in your Summer Pay Savings Account will be disbursed in both June and July, and 1/6th of the money in your Summer Pay Savings Account will be disbursed in both May and August. As you will receive a partial paycheck from MSU during May and August but no paycheck during June and July, this disbursement formula will provide you with a similar amount of money each month throughout the year.