Loans for All Your Needs
From cars to homes to anything you need, get the financing you need with an affordable monthly payment from MSUFCU. Because we’re a credit union, our rates are typically lower and that means a lower payment for you. If you don’t see a loan that meets your needs, contact us. Our loan specialists are here to help you find the financing you’re looking for.
If you're shopping for a car, truck, motorcycle, RV, boat, or personal watercraft, MSUFCU can help. We offer great low rates, no application fees, no prepayment penalties, and flexible terms to fit your budget. Stuck in a high interest loan? Refinance your current vehicle with MSUFCU today and enjoy lower rates!
If you’re in the market to purchase or build a home, MSUFCU has the tools to help you reach your goals. We offer competitive rates and various loan options to meet your needs. View our mortgage timeline.
Considering a large home improvement project or making a substantial purchase? A Prime Advantage Fixed-Rate Home Equity Loan* may be able to help. The rate, as low as as low as 3.500% APR,1 is fixed for a set amount with a term up to 180 months. View our Home Equity timeline.
- One-time loan from $5,000 to $300,000
- Tax deductibility2
- No prepayment penalty
- No or low closing costs3
The following documentation is needed when applying for a Prime Advantage Home Equity Loan:
- Complete legal description of your residence (usually found in title insurance policy, abstract opinion, mortgage or deed).
- Proof of paid hazard insurance of an amount sufficient to pay all liens.
- A copy of your most recent pay stub and W-2 from the previous year.
- If self-employed, last two year's income tax returns.
- Appraisal of property.
- Owner-occupied residential properties in the state of Michigan.2
- Homes financed by land contracts do not qualify. Your residence must be mortgaged by a financial institution or unencumbered.
- Your Prime Advantage loan must be the only second mortgage on your residence. If you have an equity loan at another institution, we will use your Prime Advantage to pay the existing loan balance.
- If the Prime Advantage loan will be in first lien position and the loan amount is over $100,000, this will be processed as a first mortgage refinance where mortgage terms and rates will apply.
- Home appraisal is required and it must be completed by a credit union approved appraiser. Cost of appraisal is charged to the member.
- Loan amount will be based on the borrower's ability to repay the loan at the time of application. Income, current debt load, your credit score, credit history, expenses and available equity are considered.
Note: A three day right of rescission period is required by law. This means that loan funds cannot be made available until the fourth business day after closing the loan.
1Your rate will depend on your credit score. The monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed at 3.75% APR for a term of 60 month with 70% Loan to Value (LTV) would require 60 monthly payments of $18.31 based on 30 days to first payment. Credit is subject to approval. Rates, terms, and, conditions are subject to change at any time based on market conditions or other business factors.
2Consult with a reliable tax advisor about the deductibility of home equity loan interest. Only Michigan owner-occupied properties are eligible. MSUFCU will acquire a security interest in your home and if timely repayment is not made, your home could be subject to loss.
3Any time an appraisal is required, the cost will be the borrower's responsibility. Any special offer does not apply to the cost of the appraisal.
MSUFCU offers a variety of personal loans and lines of credit with great low rates and flexible terms to fit your budget and your financial needs.