Loans for All Your Needs
From cars to homes to anything you need, get the financing you need with an affordable monthly payment from MSUFCU. Because we’re a credit union, our rates are typically lower and that means a lower payment for you. If you don’t see a loan that meets your needs, contact us. Our loan specialists are here to help you find the financing you’re looking for.
If you're shopping for a car, truck, motorcycle, RV, boat, or personal watercraft, MSUFCU can help. We offer great low rates, no application fees, no prepayment penalties, and flexible terms to fit your budget. Stuck in a high interest loan? Refinance your current vehicle with MSUFCU today and enjoy lower rates!
If you’re in the market to purchase or build a home, MSUFCU has the tools to help you reach your goals. We offer competitive rates and various loan options to meet your needs. View our mortgage timeline.
MSUFCU offers the variable-rate Prime Advantage Home Equity Line-of-Credit* with rates as low as 3.50% APR.2 View our Home Equity timeline.
- High limits from $5,000 to $300,000
- Tax deductibility1
- Easy accessibility via your Prime Advantage Platinum Visa Card, personalized checks, ComputerLine, and MoneyLine
- Overdraft protection for your MSUFCU checking account
- Our variable rate loan is based on market interest rates.3 Your interest rate never exceeds 18%.
- No prepayment penalty
- Low closing costs4
- Michigan owner-occupied residential properties.1
- Homes financed by land contracts do not qualify. Your residence must be mortgaged by a financial institution or unencumbered.
- Your Prime Advantage loan must be the only second mortgage on your residence. If you have an equity loan at another institution, we will use your Prime Advantage to pay the existing loan balance.
- Home appraisal is required and it must be completed by a credit union approved appraiser. Cost of appraisal is charged to the member.
- Loan amount will be based on the borrower's ability to repay the loan at the time of application. Income, current debt load, credit score, credit history, expenses and available equity are considered.
The following documentation is needed when applying for a home equity loan:
- Complete legal description of your residence (usually found in title insurance policy, abstract opinion, mortgage or deed).
- Proof of paid hazard insurance of an amount sufficient to pay all liens.
- A copy of your most recent pay stub and W-2 from the previous year.
- If self-employed, last two year's income tax returns.
- Appraisal of property.
Note: A three day right of rescission period is required by law. This means that loan funds cannot be made available until the fourth business day after closing the loan.
1Only Michigan owner-occupied properties are eligible. Consult with a reliable tax advisor about the deductibility of home equity loan interest. MSUFCU will acquire a security interest in your home and if timely repayment is not made, your home could be subject to loss.
2Your rate will depend on your credit score and Loan-to-Value ratio. this product has a variable-rate that is based on the market rates (prime plus margin). Your margin will be between 2.00% APR and 7.00% APR. Your overall rate (prime plus margin) will never fall below 2.00% APR, nor will it exceed 18.00% APR.
3Subject to MSUFCU's Floor Rate.
4Any time an appraisal is required, the cost will be the borrower's responsibility. Any special offer does not apply to the cost of the appraisal.
MSUFCU offers a variety of personal loans and lines of credit with great low rates and flexible terms to fit your budget and your financial needs.