Youth & Student Accounts
MSUFCU offers accounts designed specifically for our younger members ages 0-17 and for MSU & OU students. Our Youth and Student Accounts focus on financial education and developing positive financial history and habits.
We know you're busy studying, working, and socializing. MSUFCU has you covered with FREE accounts and services created just for college students that make handling your finances easy.
As an MSU student, you're eligible to join MSUFCU! We specialize in the needs of college students and offer free checking accounts, low-rate Visa Credit Cards, and free 24/7 account access. Many student choose to open an account at MSUFCU—even if they already have an account at home!
Close to Campus
Having a local financial institution will make it easier to cash checks from home, have your MSU paycheck direct deposited, and pay your bills. You don't even have to worry about finding a ride because there are three MSUFCU branches within walking distance and over 100 surcharge-free ATMs on and near campus!
Student Survival Package
- FREE Totally Green Checking is the perfect checking account for students! There is no minimum balance and no monthly service fee, plus you get a Visa Debit Card, FREE Bill Payment, and FREE 24/7 account access.
- An MSUFCU Visa Credit Card has a low rate, no annual fee, and no hidden fees or teaser rates. It's a great card to start building your positive credit history, plus you can use it as overdraft protection for your MSUFCU checking account.
- 24/7 account access via ComputerLine and the MSUFCU Mobile app makes it easy for to access your account, check your balances, make payments, balance transfers, and more!
- Surcharge-FREE ATM access at over 130 ATMs in and around East Lansing and nearly 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs nationwide.
1Although MSUFCU does not charge any fees for mobile banking, connectivity and usage fees from your wireless provider may still apply.
Financial 4.0® is part of MSU Federal Credit Union's ongoing effort to provide free, useful, and relevant financial resources to current MSU students and young alumni.
Created for MSU students, the Financial 4.0 website and app feature blogs, videos, contests, and a place for the MSU student community to connect, share, and get answers about our money matters.
MSUFCU partnered with MSU to create financial education tools specifically for students, and we’re excited to share with you the new money.edu financial education mobile app and videos powered by MSUFCU.
Money.edu is a free mobile app available for iOS and designed for college students, offering a variety of financial tips and tools.
- Learn how to build good credit
- Receive budgeting tips
- Discover ways to minimize fraud
- Learn how to boost your savings
- Browse a glossary of financial terms
- Use financial calculators
Financial Education Videos
Along with the mobile app, we have also created a series of financial education videos covering a variety of topics tailored to students including: budgeting, student-targeted scams, travel tips, savings tips, and protecting yourself from identity theft. These videos will be available on MSUFCU’s YouTube channel.
Start the kids in your life out on the right financial path. MSUFCU offers accounts that focus on the importance of saving and make learning about your account fun!