Congratulations to the Winners of the MSUFCU 13th Annual High School Student Art Exhibit
Winners of MSUFCU’s 13th Annual High School Student Art Exhibit were announced at the awards reception on February 26, 2020, at MSUFCU Headquarters. The exhibit featured more than 100 works of arts by students from 18 Lansing-area high schools. Students had the opportunity to win various awards based on a panel of judges and public votes.
Juried Awards went to the top three student pieces selected by a panel of judges, along with ten Honorable Mentions.
- First Place: Alison French – Mason High School
- Second Place: Jasmyne Bush – Williamston High School
- Third Place: Kohi Kalandarova – East Lansing High School
- Honorable Mentions:
- Gavin Fritz – DeWitt High School
- Sunny Pochert – DeWitt High School
- Bella Borrego – Okemos High School
- Maliya Wayner – Lansing Christian High School
- Megan Janecke – Williamston high School
- Allyson Simon – Lansing Catholic High School
- Ava Yon – Fowlerville High School
- Landen Blixt – Fowlerville High School
- Mason Sova – St. Johns High School
- JiSoon Min – East Lansing High School
The People’s Choice Awards were given to the top three artists who received the highest number of votes from the public voting competition.
- First Place: Sunny Pochert – DeWitt High School
- Second Place: Natalie Mirek – Eaton Rapids High School
- Third Place: Alison French – Mason High School
In addition to these awards, Aria Schalter of Holt High School won the Social Media Award, which was determined by how many “likes” it received while being shared on social media. The School Spirit Award, given to the school that was most represented in voting, went to DeWitt High School.
We are thankful for everyone who attended the exhibit and voted for their favorite pieces of artwork. Votes totaled in this year at a record high number of over 10,000 votes from both online and at MSUFCU Headquarters. Through sponsoring and hosting this annual event, MSUFCU is proud to support student artists in our community by highlighting their talent and the high school art programs.