MSU Federal Credit Union's mission is to provide superior service while assisting members and employees to achieve financial security, their goals, and ultimately, their dreams.
MSUFCU is owned and operated by members of the Michigan State and Oakland University communities. From our opening in 1937 operating out of a desk drawer in the Michigan State University Administration building to the recent construction of our LEED® Gold-certified headquarters at 3777 West Road in East Lansing, MSUFCU has experienced many changes. Over the years we have become the largest university-based credit union in the world. One thing that has never changed has been our focus on our greatest asset: our members.
In 2013, Eaton County Educational Credit Union (ECECU) merged with MSUFCU, extending the Credit Union’s field of membership to employees and pensioners of educational institutions and individuals who live, work, worship, and go to school in Eaton County. MSUFCU gained one branch and 5,000 members in the merger with ECECU. In 2016, MSUFCU expanded its presence in Oakland County through a merger with Clarkston Brandon Community Credit Union (CBCCU), adding individuals who live, work, worship, and go to school in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, and Oakland counties to its field of membership. Two branches and 8,500 members were gained as a result of the CBCCU merger. As we continue to grow, our increased branch presence allows us to better provide superior service and a full range of products to our members living across the state.
With more than $3.2 billion in assets, a membership of nearly 220,000, and over 700 employees, seventeen branches, and more ATMs than any other institution in the Greater Lansing area, MSUFCU continues to develop in ways that best benefit our members and our community. Through dedicated and knowledgeable employees, new technologies, and innovative products and services, we strive to always provide more ways to help our members achieve financial success.
View MSUFCU's most recent annual and financial reports using the links below. To view these reports, you may need to install Adobe Reader. Download this free software at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- June 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- May 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- April 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- March 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- February 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- January 2016 Statement of Financial Condition
- 2015 Annual Report
- December 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- November 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- October 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- September 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- August 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- July 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- June 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- May 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- April 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- March 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- February 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- January 2015 Statement of Financial Condition
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual & Financial Report
- 2011 Annual & Financial Report
- 2010 Annual & Financial Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Financial Report
- 2008 Annual Report
- 2008 Financial Report
- 2007 Annual Report
- 2007 Financial Report
The members of MSU Federal Credit Union's Executive Leadership and Board of Directors work hard to ensure that our programs and services meet the needs of our members. Their strong leadership protects and promotes the health, stability, and viability of MSUFCU.
Send Us an Email
If you would like to send an email to an MSUFCU Executive Leader, please click on the appropriate name to send your message.
April M. Clobes
President and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer
Lea L. Ammerman
Senior Vice President of Branches
Whitney Anderson - Harrell
Vice President of Sales and Financial Education
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Vice President of Human Resources
Chief Financial Officer
Vice President of Internal Audit and Compliance
Jeffrey G. Jackson
Chief Lending Officer
Board of Directors
Bill Beekman, J.D.
Angela W. Brown
Gregory Deppong, CPA
Ernest Betts, Ph.D.
John R. Brick, Ph.D.
Susan Carter, J.D.
Michael J. Hudson
William J. Latta, Ph.D.
Janet Lillie, Ph.D.