MSUFCU offers accounts for student organizations associated with MSU. A Registered Student Organization (RSO) account is a great way to manage your group's finances while enjoying the benefits of MSUFCU's knowledgeable staff.
Eligibility and Requirements
Eligibility and Requirements:
• The Registered Student Organization (RSO) Checking is available to student organizations registered with MSU and who appear on the list of Student Groups on MSU's website.
• Should the RSO's registration with MSU lapse and we become aware of the status change, the RSO checking account will be converted to a Small Business Checking.
• The RSO will also be required to provide an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for tax reporting purposes.
• At least one student registered with the organization through MSU must be on the account as a responsible individual.
• An Advisor is required and must be the person registered as such with the student organization on the MSU Student Group website.
• All individuals on the account must sign and all personal accounts must be in good standing.
• MSUFCU will notify the Department of Student Life of any RSO account not held in good standing.
Get a Tax ID Number
Having your RSO registered under a Tax ID Number (TIN) or Employer ID Number (EIN) will allow any dividends earned to be associated with your RSO as opposed to your individual taxes. Visit the IRS Website to apply for an EIN.
Products and Services Available for RSO Accounts
• RSO Checking Account
• No monthly service fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Electronic statements and notices
• Visa debit cards
• Individual ComputerLine usernames for each signer
If you are using a screen reader or other auxillary aid and are having problems using this website, please call 800-678-4968 for assistance. All products and services available on this website are available at all MSUFCU full-service locations.
MSU Federal Credit Union
savings are Federally insured to at least $250,000 by the
and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
read our disclaimer
regarding links to other sites.