What are the eligibility and requirements for Registered Student Organization (RSO) accounts?
• The Registered Student Organization (RSO) Checking is available to student organizations registered with MSU and who appear on the list of Student Groups on MSU's website.
• Should the RSO's registration with MSU lapse and we become aware of the status change, the RSO checking account will be converted to a Small Business Checking.
• The RSO will also be required to provide an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for tax reporting purposes.
• At least one student registered with the organization through MSU must be on the account as a responsible individual.
• An Advisor is required and must be the person registered as such with the student organization on the MSU Student Group website.
• All individuals on the account must sign and all personal accounts must be in good standing.
• MSUFCU will notify the Department of Student Life of any RSO account not held in good standing.
To open an RSO account or change signers, please complete the Registered Student Account Organization Application located on this page